Redlands Modern Country Music Club Incorporated
2018 Festival General Rules and Conditions of Competition
1. The Redlands Modern Country Music Club Incorporated (RMCMC) shall not be responsible for the loss or damage to property during the festival.
2., Drum Kit, PA and Amplifiers will be supplied by the RMCMC and will be the only equipment used other than musical instruments. Maximum of four instruments in Backing Band (except for Group Section)
3. Contestants are responsible for arranging their own musical backing. Pre-recorded audio tapes, disks or other electronic media will not be accepted as backing material, except as specified in some events.
4. All contestants must report to Registration Desk to confirm participation upon arrival and to Stage Marshal no later than 10 minutes prior to the start of the relevant section. Failure to do so will result in disqualification
5. Entries must be on the official entry form (or a photocopy) and accompanied by the required entry fees.
6. The festival organising committee may reject any entry at its discretion.
7. Entry numbers in some sections may be limited at the organiser’s discretion, depending upon the number of nominations received. Event nomination fees are non-refundable except where nomination is not accepted.
8. Decisions made by the Competition Judges and Festival Officials are final.
9. When in or around the stage area, contestants will adhere to the directions of the M.C. and stage marshals at all times and must appear in the order listed unless otherwise approved. Failure to comply may result in disqualification.
10. Age Group Sections (effective as at 4th May 2018) are:
Joeys under 8 years *Juvenile 8 years and up to 12 years
Junior 13 years and up to 17 years *Seniors over 18 years
Golden Oldies over 50 years * Open Sections – all ages
11. BACKING VOCALS Throughout individual vocal sections, backing vocals will not be permitted.
12. AGE GROUPS A contestant may appear only once per section. In age group sections, an individual may only compete in the age group for which they are eligible (as defined in rule 10 above). Contestants appearing in age group sections may also nominate for Open events.
13. OPEN NOVICE. This section is restricted to individual vocal solo or instrumental performers who have never been awarded a First prize at a Country Music Festival competition. As well as this section Novices are encouraged to compete in other events as an individual and/or as a member of a duo, group.
14. GOLDEN OLDIES EVENTS: Competitors in this section MAY enter the Senior Male or Female Vocal section. They may also enter other Senior and Open Events.
15. AUSTRALIAN BUSH BALLAD/SONG EVENTS: Contestants must present a purely Australian bush ballad/song item. This can be either a traditional or a contemporary.
16. DUET and GROUP EVENTS: For each Duet and Group event, an individual is restricted to appearing only once as a member of a duo and once as a member of a group in each respective section. Group must be a maximum of five (5) competitors. This excludes members of the backing band.
17. COUNTRY GOSPEL EVENTS: Must be a song of praise and be country in content. Not a hymn.
18. ANYTHING GOES – COMEDY: Backing track is allowed. This event can be solo, duo or group.
19. PERFORMERS CHOICE: Can be anything the contestant wishes to perform and doesn’t necessarily have to be country. Backing track is allowed. This event can be solo, duo or group.
20. COUNTRY ROCK: Must be recorded as a country rock song, not a country song rocked up. E.g Eagles, Keith Urban, Taylor Swift, Carrie Underwood etc
21. ROCKABILLY: Material to be mid 50’s to mid 60’s – Country-Rock & Roll crossover e.g Jerry Lee Lewis, Elvis Presley, Carl Perkins etc
22. PROGRAM. We will make every effort to adhere to the programme, however the festival committee accepts no responsibility for any inconvenience caused by unforeseen programme alterations.
2018 Festival Result
2018 FESTIVAL RESULTS - NOW AVAILABLE - CLICK HERE
We look forward to seeing you all again in 2019
Thanks for supporting our festival.
2016 Program of Events
**This program is subject to change...
Festival is programmed to start at 7pm on Friday Night, 9am on Saturday and 9am on Sunday.
Friday Night program - 7.00pm
1. Ultra Goldern Oldies Male Vocal (65 and over)
2. Ultra Goldern Oldies Female Vocal (65 and over)
3. Golden Oldies Male Vocal (50 - 64 years)
4. Golden Oldies Female Vocal (50 - 64 years)
5. Senior Female Bush Ballad/Song
6. Senior Male Bush Ballad/Song
Saturday program - 9.00am
7. Open Novice (All Ages-Male & Female)
8. Juvenile/Junior Vocal
9. Senior Male Vocal (over 18 years)
10. Senior Female Vocal (over 18 years)
11. Juvenile/Junior Australian Bush Ballad/Song
12. Senior Country Rock
13. Junior Country Rock
14. Open Duet
15. Performers Choice (Not necessarily Country - Backing Track allowed, no vocal harmonies)
Sunday program - 9.00am
16. Senior Gospel (up to 49 years)
17. Juvenile/Junior Gospel
18. Open Instrumental
19. Open Group
20. Open Gospel - Duo/Group
21. Open Rockabilly
22. Anything Goes (Backing track allowed)
Trophy presentation to follow.
Camping on-site at the Redlands Pony Club is available again this year. The cost is $15.00 per camp site (per family or van). ** Limited power is available for campers.
Please contact the following Pony Club committee member to arrange your booking.
Dennis O'Connell, Ph: 0417 764 671
There are many fine Motels, Hotels, B&B's and other types of accommodation available in the Redlands.